Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 with St80

andyboy1970

I've been focussing at the wrong point then. I use live view to find the ponit the star is smallest, but at the point it develops a blue halo. If I take the focus back a bit the halo dissappears. If that's not what yuor doing, it must be black magic! :-)

I've been focussing at the wrong point then. I use live view to find the ponit the star is smallest, but at the point it develops a blue halo. If I take the focus back a bit the halo dissappears. If that's not what yuor doing, it must be black magic! :-)

I use a home made Bahtinov mask for focus and Bahtinov grabber with a final check using HWFH (or something like that) function in BackyardEos.

Do you have a better dew shield fitted, I made one from foam camping mat that's about 2 feet long and keeps the scope dew free all night.

Also my scope lives in the garage so cool down is half hour tops.

My real problems are urban levels of light pollution and a poor mount that can't track for even 30 seconds. I actually have a bahtinov mask but I have been lazy and done it by eye in live view. Silly me!

My real problems are urban levels of light pollution and a poor mount that can't track for even 30 seconds. I actually have a bahtinov mask but I have been lazy and done it by eye in live view. Silly me!

I have a bad habit of focussing my 127mak without aid when doing planetary imaging with the webcam. :)

Archived