Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 Andromeda Galaxy

Tom OD

Hmmmm just had a quick look at it and the blue is not as blue as I had, its more cyan in this pic even thogh I changed the profileto sRGB for posting. That bright blue star at the top is not the finiashed article either. Anyway it'll do.

T.

Great image! For me, you've really nailed it.

I really like the star colours, detail in the dust lanes, contrast and overall colour.

I guess it does look a touch cyan compared to other M31 images I've seen, but then again, every M31 image seems to differ a bit in colour!

Thanks everyone,

I was opening the image in PS and it looks much better, not as Cyan and with a better deeper blue / purple look. Its in sRGB format but the PS version looks the way I want it compared to the jpeg version that you just open outside of PS. Not sure where i went wrong in the conversion.

With 12hrs RGB, it was difficult to stop pushing it. The last boost I did on this I had to layer back at 40% opacity as it was way to much at 100%. Good to see the different views from the posts on its look.

Thanks Tom.

Hi Shibby,

In PS I went into Edit, Convert to Profile, then I selected sRGB. Letme see if I can find the Save for Wed and Devices Jut did that and it gave the resultant pic th cyan look that I oringinally posted. Its a big colour shift from the RGB Adobe I'm using to the web o/p. I'm scratching my head!!

Thanks Tom.

Archived