NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dam clouds time it perfect

spaceboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for (proper) first light on my dob, spent half hour on sunday lining up the finder scope before the clouds rolled in and half hour this evening on Jupiter getting in some nudging practice. Was planning on a bit of M31 action tonight as well...

It seems to have been cloudy for weeks. Starting to regret the nights I saw Julpiter rising from the front window and was too lazy to go outside

LOL I have the same problem. I get so used to putting my feet up when we have weeks of cloud that when it finally clears I can't get motivated to set up in the thought that clouds are hiding over the horizon.

I had this last week. Got everything out, nicely aligned, laptop and camera fired up and wham!, as if by magic, wall to wall clouds. And they don't half get a move on when they've spotted a pile of astro kit on the lawn. ;)

Here in Denmark we have a clear night for the first time in a couple of weeks. I have everything outside imaging at the moment.

Does anyone know any good nebula for non modded dslr's? I have 45 minutes on the witches broom so far and have turned to scope at another object since the neb didnt seem to give me anything on my subs.

Same here. Drive home with clear skies and Jupiter as bright as a lighthouse all the way. Get home, put the scope outside to cool down, grab something to eat and 45mins later it's wall to wall clouds - arrgh! ;)

Oh well, back to the tea and biscuits...

Guess I had all the luck :)

I squeezed a couple of hours in after dark. Couldn't believe the sky was still clear when I got home. Put out the scope, had a cuppa and beheld!

Clouds moved in around 9, but by the time I'd packed up they'd gone again ;)

Archived