Hello from Rutland

leemold

Hi all.

I've just joined this lounge today and thought I would introduce my self.

My name is Lee and I have just started planetary sciences with the OU.

I am interested in buying a telescope and be able to use it with my canon Eos400D for astrophotography.

Any advice would be appreciated as I know nothing at the moment except how great some of the photgraphs of the planets look.

Thanks

Lee

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lee, welcome to SGL. You will some amazing amateur planetary images these days- better than those from ground based professional telescopes from a decade ago. Search SGL and other sites to find out how it is done and what hardware and software is used. Good luck

Eric

Hi Lee and welcome to SGL :)

For imaging you will require an equatorial mount - and a good beefy one at that if you expect good results. Make sure you ask lots of questions in the Help Section as it's a bit of a dark art - meantime Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" is an excellent intro to the subject - enjoy the forum :(

Hi Leemold,

Warm welcome to SGL, best thing to do is to go along to a local astro group and see what kit people have you can then make an informed decision on what suits you best. For astro work relatively deep pockets required!.

Good Luck

Archived