SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Time to say hello

mand

Well, as it's cloudy again, I'd thought I should post a 'hello' as some of you have already answered some questions for me and sold me some stuff.

I am in Northumberland and have owned 102MM f10 Helios refractor on eq5 mount for a few years. It has only been out a few times - mainly because the area of sky visible from my garden is restricted-to view planets.

I love my various hobbies, but have recently given up on one due to lack of time. This allowed me to sell off some gear so providing some cash to spend.

Venus and the recent bright comet has rekindled my interest in astronomy.

The Helios and mount are awkward to move about so I'm probably going to get a Celestron Nexstar 8 when funds allow. Meanwhile I was tempted by a pre-owned omc140 on this forum ( thanks Chewy ) but have not had a chance to try it out yet. I hope to bag a few dso and then may try astrophotography and solar observing later.

There appears not to be a local club near me, so you guys/gals will hopefully be my teachers/mentors in the future.

Bye for now,Mand

Archived