Hello

willow71uk

Hi

I'm Paul from West Lancashire UK. I've always been interested in Astronomy as long as i can remember but for some reason or other never got a Telescope.

Anyway i picked up my 1st Telescope the other week second hand off Loot.

It's not the best Telescope but i'm just trying out Astronomy to see if i like it. It's a Bresser Venus 76mm Reflector.

What can i expect to see with this Scope? What do i need to get the best out of it? ep's, Barlow etc.

If i enjoy it i will probably upgrade next year to something better.

Paul

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Everyone. I was very much hoping someone would say Jupiter and Saturn's rings would be good. What about the moons craters etc. will i see the detail and the casting shadows from the craters and mountains? Will i be limited to the DSO's i will see though?

Paul

Welcome aboard Paul, nice to have you on board.

I started off with a 60mm refractor (just a cheap one), and could see the craters on the moon quite clearly on a clear night when the moon was less than full. I could also see the cloud bands on jupiter, all be it, they were small but looking long enough i could see them, i think you will be suprised just how well your scope will perform, happy viewing

Mark.

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't buy anything for now, just get out there and have some fun. Clearly having a reflector, will mean that you will eventually need a means of calibrating or as we term it 'collimating' your scope to to help you obtain sharp images. One other recommendation that won't cost you a penny is to download some free planetary software called Stellarium which you can do here and this will help you locate and identify objects in the night sky.

Clear skies for now.

James

Archived