Hello from Co. Down N.Ireland

sublime_mick

looking forward to the dark winter nights and my 1 man crusade to have the road service n.i de-activate a lamp post on the road outside my back garden.

any other northern irish members?

complete novice at astronomy -

viewed the moon - no better place to start

jupiter and saturn.

next target andromeda

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mick, welcome mate! I am up in sunny Londonderry!

Just getting used to things myself, I know my way about the sky slightly better than when I first joined. Been away for a few years, so good to be back.

Hi Mick, welcome to the most helpful bunch of people you could hope to meet. I started from scratch last Aug and have learned a lot thanks to the folks on SGL. I'm in Lisburn BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks. Been hopping through the forums for ages and picked up loadsa tips. Decided to take the plunge and become a little more social an introduce myself. Complete novice - will be picking yer brains all winter and will hopefully become an expert in 50 to 60 years.

nice to see a couple of norn irish gazers - I call Lisburn the Bethlehem of Northern Ireland - it's where I was born. boom boom.

I have a lovely scope - and i hope to get the best out of it. I hope to gradually build my kit up - with your advice.

Archived