Hi to all fellow stargazers

pidge010

My name is Paul, I recently purchased my first Observatory and it has change my life as far as my observing the night sky is concerned (pinch me, lol).

I have had an interest in astronomy ever since looking through a telescope at my school and have been hooked ever since, like those others who do not have a observatory I used to cart all of my equipment into the garden set it all up only see the sky clouding over, not much fun there, thanks a bunch bbc weather forecast!

Now within minutes I am observing or imaging, to be honest it has been a nightmare learning the imaging and processing side and to be honest you could almost write on a postage stamp what I knew at the start but that now has increased (now I can write what I know on a post card) through frustration and much stress, maybe I am taking this all to seriously! and need to lighten up.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum.

You said it. Lighten up, relax, take it easy, it's supposed to be fun.:)

Ditto! luckily the fun and enjoyment far outweigh those stressful moments when things are going wrong.

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

Imaging does seem to have a steep learning curve but looks like you might have arrived at the summit! Look forward to seeing some of your work in Picture of the Week and general banter.

Clear skies

James

Hi Paul, I'm thinking of sawing a hole in my roof for an observatory.

Welcome.

Hi David,

What a great idea! not sure how it will look but it will certainly be very handy, will you be using it as a bedroom, kinda doubling up to save space? what does the missus think about it though!

hi paul,lucky you owning an Observatory,keep asking my partner to get me one but so far its falling on deaf ears,every-time i see one in the adverts just makes me want one more and more,maybe i'll have a little win on the lotto tonight :)

hi paul,lucky you owning an Observatory,keep asking my partner to get me one but so far its falling on deaf ears,every-time i see one in the adverts just makes me want one more and more,maybe i'll have a little win on the lotto tonight :)

Hi Bibbsy,

It has come at a cost and I am not talking stirling here, I have been reminded by my partner a trillion times what is out in the garden and the cost, so it means all questions now are swifly answered "yes my dear, of course, right away! etc" but its worth it, I will have everything crossed tonight for your win! Good Luck

Archived