Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

very wet behind the ears.

bibbsy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you very much brantuk,steve,mr spock and james for the tips and advice,i guess its the same as anything else thats new to us,in time it will all start to come together and make sense .....i hope :)

Hi and welcome,

My advice would be - take it nice and slow. Learn the sky first. Get some binos or a basic refractor on a alt-az mount. Getting an 8 ich with GOTO EQ mount before getting acquainted with the sky, constellations and equipment in the first place might actually scare you off. I heard of a man who purchased the equivalent of 2000£ in equipment as a newbie, expecting to see stuff exactly like on book covers and got so frustrated about not being able to find and see anything, he sold all his kit after two weeks and never touched stargazing again. I think that is a pity, it is a wonderful hobby, infusing a man with a whole new outlook on life. Stargazing requires a lot of learning and patience, it is not something you can just dive into and expect pro resuts right away.

Anyway, I believe that after mastering it, stargazing will be there with you for life!

hi damian, only the couple of lenses that came with the scope,and have just bought

the gso 15mm super plossl and a gso x2 barlow lens,are there any others i should be thinking about adding to my kit,thanks for any advice :)

Archived