NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon Phase Clocks

FLO

We are offering three new Moon Phase clocks manufactured here in the UK at Perranporth in Cornwall from recycled vending machine coffee cups! Don't let that put you off, the innovative material has a pleasing, heavy, quality feel to it that is similar to grey slate.

We expect the straightforward Moon Phase clock to be most popular at £24.95 but we also offer a version that shows Moon phase, temperature and time. And for those fortunate enough to live by the sea we have one that shows Moon phase, tide and time.

Perfect for the observatory wall!

moon-phase-clock.jpeg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, if it's ok to have a lunar month on it then why not a sidereal day :)

Once upon a time clocks had a fast/slow adj. ! Are chips and Xtals still accessible these days to slow the 24 down a tad ? ,

Just a thought,

It would need a little mental gynastics to remember which half of the sidereal day we were in though !

Um, if it's ok to have a lunar month on it then why not a sidereal day :p

Okay, let's explore this :)

If we were to source and offer a sidereal clock along the lines of the one below, would anyone buy one?

I don't know at this stage what the price would be but let's assume it would be around £35.

post-12699-133877668177_thumb.jpg

Okay, let's explore this :)
Yes ok then ! LOL :p
If we were to source and offer a sidereal clock along the lines of the one below, would anyone buy one?
A fair point, Earl didnt actually commit to a purchase !! I dont know.

But that is a different reason for not including, not that it wasnt necessary :)

I should be out in this luvverly sun, not being intrigued by this slate-type from coffee cups, I wonder how they do that.

No offence to your reasons, just me being pokey :)

regards,

Malcolm.

No problem, I'm grateful to you and Earl for mentioning it :p

We figured most people would prefer a simple no-nonsense means of knowing the time, temperature and moon phase. It might be that there is demand for a sidereal clock, if there is we will source one asap :)

Talking about sidereal clocks I came across this one. Will be just a little bit on the pricey side though

Yer, makes £35 from FLO look like a bargain ! (edit, and the FLO one looks better, looks like a clock !)

and that fancy one is not for sale outside the USA it says :p wonder why that is, maybe it uses the high precision (military?) GPS code.

Of course there has got to be a stand alone app for the PC somewhere, but as PB says it looks better on a wall :)

The moon phase clock looks very nice hanging on a wall. Useful? Possibly - hard to justify any of these clocks on sheer usefulness though in the modern electronic age :p

That white and silver sidereel clock to my eyes looks ugly, like something from the £1 bin at Ikea. That's just me being subjective though, maybe some other folks might like it?

On the other hand, John's triple position clock looks awesome. I'd like one of those for my office wall - looks like NASA mission control :)

Archived