Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New scope ordered...

x6gas

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here's the new kit next to my C6N-GT setup.

Actually, I've had a rather basic problem ;) I've been unable to really securely attach the mount to the tripod head. I think this is because I have the wrong centre support rod... that or I'm just plain stupid :rolleyes:.

post-24484-133877676884_thumb.jpg

post-24484-133877676892_thumb.jpg

Jealous, Jealous, Jealous .........

Good luck with the new scope, looks like an amazing peice of kit.

I just googled it. WOW!. For that amount of serious cash, I would have expected an engineer to setup for you and chuck in a shed.

And here's the new kit next to my C6N-GT setup.

Actually, I've had a rather basic problem ;) I've been unable to really securely attach the mount to the tripod head. I think this is because I have the wrong centre support rod... that or I'm just plain stupid :rolleyes:.

the tripod on the right looks like my cpc one. as in repplica not you stole mine lol

In case anyone is interested, it turns out that I had been supplied with a CGE tripod and not a CGEM DX one. The tripods themselves are the same, but they are supplied with different centre support rods.

The retailer has immediately admitted that they picked the wrong tripod and are rectifying the mistake. I can probably still use the scope for visual (if the cloud EVER clears!) but AP will have to wait until I have the correct part!

Cheers,

I haven't had first light with this yet (may have to wait until the correct centre support rod turns up) but I'll post my first impressions of both the scope and the mount in the equpiment sections.

All I can say now is that it looks lovely!

Ian congratulations on all that cardboard! That is going to be one very nice setup for sure so I expect a very detailed first light report with lots of pictures - I shall be wearing the appropriate sized bib of course!

On a separate note for a man who has just got married. I read with great alarm the phrase, ......"my wife's been VERY understanding". Now a word of advice, do not get taken in by this apparent relaxed positioning, it's what known in married circles as 'future reckoning'. Put simply, a favour granted now, will equate to a ridiculous number of shoes, outfits and frippery the likes of which are beyond your current imagination - remember, we will always be here to support you through that crisis! :D:D:D

Congratulations again on your superb setup and wish you clear skies to test it out.

James

On a separate note for a man who has just got married. I read with great alarm the phrase, ......"my wife's been VERY understanding". Now a word of advice, do not get taken in by this apparent relaxed positioning, it's what known in married circles as 'future reckoning'. Put simply, a favour granted now, will equate to a ridiculous number of shoes, outfits and frippery the likes of which are beyond your current imagination - remember, we will always be here to support you through that crisis! :D:D:D

James

Oh no. I can completely see the logic in this one. I've fallen for it haven't I!

it turns out that I had been supplied with a CGE tripod and not a CGEM DX one. The tripods themselves are the same, but they are supplied with different centre support rods.

So, the only course of action is for them to supply the CGE mount to go with the tripod and swap-out the CGEM. Seem silly to send a bolt! :D

I'll certainly be interested to hear how the mount goes and compares the the CG5.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived