Hello

Moodtastic

Hello.

I started by stealing my girlfriends bird watching binoculars and playing around with a phone app from my back garden.

Anyway recently I bought a very reasonable Celestron FirstScope 76 for £39.00 with accessories from Amazon (it is suprisingly good for its size and cost or maybe I am not spoilt by better telescopes yet!). I am hoping to learn the basics with this thing while I save for something more substantial. So far even though I generally see faint dots I am getting great enjoyment just finding things.

Unfortunately this weekend it has been very cloudy!

Anyway back to the introduction. My name is Michael and I live in Milton Keynes, UK.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Michael and welcome to the forum.

Better scopes and the promise of what they might reveal is formally known here as 'aperture fever' of which there is no known cure! :):D You will suffer from it as we all have over the years but some scopes really do make a difference!

However, no matter what size your budget is, there's never enough to pay for clear skies (...sadly) and so we have to learn to be patient. Looks like your off to a good start but please ask any questions to help you further your interest.

James

Welcome :)

You'll get some good views of the moon and solar system objects with your scope. The brighter clusters and nebula should be within your grasp as well.

In fact you could spend a lifetime just exploring the moon!

See if you can get out and away from the city lights and you'll be amazed at the difference that makes!

Ant

Archived