Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn with good seeing again

Kai

[removed word], there was me just saying to Philip that I thought the seeing was having a effect on my focusing then you come up with this stunner. Lovely image with loads of detail and excellent focus...... :D Can I ask what barlow you use?

Chub

Cheers all :D

Just to balance things up ,i got up at 4 this morning to have a go at Jupiter and the astro gods decided that as i had a good go at Saturn earlier they would send some fog to teach me a lesson :D

Chubs,its a Orion shorty apo barlow.I will post a image taken with no barlow for comparison.

The thing i have learnt this year so far with planetery imaging is that seeing is king,with the avi's i took last night Saturn was hardly moving at all and all you could see was a varying image clarity (if that makes sense)

Couple of super images!

Good detail, particularly in the rings.

The seeing was fantastic last night. Visually I managed to push the mag. up to 225x on Saturn - and it was sharp and steady. Recently I've struggled to get a decent view at not much over 125x. Let's hope the skies have at last changed.

8)

MD

Archived