NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Comet Gerradd timelapse

Hi all, here's a short timelapse of comet Gerradd I did as a bit of fun:) on the 14th of August.

Conditions were very hazy but pleased how it came out.

Taken using a Vixen VC200L and modded Canon 450D on Losmandy G11 mount

You may need a flickr account to view as SGL doesn't apparently let you upload a video directly.

Please see :-

Comet Gerradd August 14, 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cheers John

Yep really easy to do, just take as many sub exposures as possible with the shutter time set so the comet's not moving so much so as to smear itself (in this case 120 secs) and load it up in Windows movie maker, I had the timelapse set to 0.2 of a second.

I love doing these as it livens up a static background!:)

Thanks for the kind comments everyone:) I had to doctor each subexposure to try to get rid of some quite severe vigetting and had to create a new action in Photoshop to automate the process excatly on each frame so that it ran smoothly, once done it was an easy matter to do the video in Windows Moviemaker( a great bit of free software that came with my pc)

Glad you all liked it, I like doing them for fun as well as doing a stacked aligned picture too, by the way this is the result..

post-15189-133877649844_thumb.jpg

Archived