will it be clear nights this week ?

sharkytroy

hi im troy a photographer from North somerset

i have joined the site to get information about our current weather and weather its going to be a clear night tonight and until the 14th as predicted by the bbc says it will be a good time for metior showers

is this correct please advise asap as i am looking to travel today to Dorset many thanks and nice to meet you all

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the next county along in Hampshire. The weather is coming in from a westerly direction over the Atlantic at the moment.

I reckon we will get an amount of clear-ish skies tonight although still with some cloud. You might fare better if you are on the coast. After that it looks pretty dire for the rest of the week as Sat24.com shows a massive cloud band about to ruin our summer skies.. again!! :smiley:

It's certainly a good period for meteors though. They have been quite active and spectacular the last few nights I've been out.

Alan

Welcome, Troy! In this part of the world we are hoping for clear skies the nights of 8/12, 8/13 and 8/14, and we will deal with the full moon by staying in moonshadow during the peak shower times which will happen at 1-4:50 AM Pacific time, which I think is GMT + 8. I am going to set up an EOS DSLR with a wide angle lens pointed above where Perseus will be at that time, and use a remote timer in an attempt to capture a series of exposures at intervals. I am LOL at myself right now for having the pretense ("pretense" - that is milder than "arrogance", I hope) to think I will actually capture some usable images!

Archived