SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Warm Greetings from Indonesia

KinanLW

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kinan,

Very excited to meet fellow Indonesian! Pardon me for not greeting you using Bahasa Indonesia, because of forum rules ;)

I also only use a binocular, so that is one thing you can save up on.

I too live in a big city here in the UK, Sheffield, so light pollution is bad. Binoculars does help a lot.

I'll be back in Jakarta for Ramadhan, maybe we can meet up and have a chat :BangHead:

Welcome, Kinan, and I suspect you will find some parks or wooded areas in the city away from the bright lights, and you don't really need a telescope to enjoy stargazing. You are off to a great start by learning some constellations and brighter stars. You are also fortunate that you have access to the beauties of the southern skies. When you are ready, in a big city like Jakarta you should be able to find a very good used binocular set for a reasonable sum. That, and the internet will take you a long, long way. Have fun, Kinan.

• 2 years later...

Archived