NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from novice in Cheshire

black hole sun

Hello to all, must say im quite excited at undertaking my new hobby and meeting and learning from people on this forum. I am originaly from Stoke on Trent but now live in Cheadle, Cheshire. I am 42 so i am a late comer to this community even though i have had a underlying fascination with science fiction/astronomy/space since a child. I will be posting on here seeking advice about my potential purchase of my first telescope, a Meade etx-90ec, probably a little beyond me to start but its a present so lucky me......and all the objects i can point it at. I hope my first post finds everyone well. Thanks, Scott.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi Scott and welcome congrats on the scope and welcome to looking up,am sure after a few up and downs and may be a clout or two of your good lady (for staying out all night) you will be well on your way

pat

Haha thanks both, my lady doesnt need an excuse give me a clout! best say that quiet, she is buying me the telescope!! I have not bought it yet but looking at that model, its a minefield, worse than choosing a phone. A lot of money for me and a big decision. Looking at spending £300ish so need make right choice.

Archived