Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt at Jupiter

Weebz

Not ideal conditions, I woke up late and didn't give the tube enough time to cool properly.

Used the x2 barlow that came with the scope + SPC900.

Gives me a benchmark to measure against for next time though :D

post-25636-133877633082_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Had another go last night and think this came out slightly better. I'm having trouble focusing and tracking manually, will have to invest in motors I think.

post-25636-133877639917_thumb.jpg

Jupiter is out at about 00:30 in the morning, although, it will be low down in eastern sky! You should have seen my attempt at trying to get a photo of it last night! I was balancing the camera on top of the tripod half way up my stairs on my window ledge!! Amazing photo though, well done! ;-D Try and get one of the moons next time!

"I'm having trouble focusing and tracking manually, will have to invest in motors I think."

You ought to be really pleased with that given what you had to do. Cracking start .

If you have "PS elements" or "PS", you could try splitting the channels and working on each individually prior to putting them back together. Waaay better than my 1st effort I can tell you. Try and wait for the planet to reach 25 degrees plus in altitude too as that will really help in reducing atmospheric effects.

Look fwd to alot more over the next few months- then you can look back at this one and make a direct comparison. :)

Archived