Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Shoulder Telescope - how funny

CGolder

£1500 new for the Evolution :D

In my younger days I used to be really into aviation photography. A mate of mine from those days had the Zenit photosniper and it did help produce some good flyby pics.

couldnt you do the same thing with one of the Heritage dobs from sky watcher? add an image erector and a cheep eyepiece, all new for about 1/2 the price?

two of them and you have a powerfull set of sholder mounted binos!

The "shoulder" telescope was another innovative product from Peter Wise of Zerochromat fame. I had the opportunity of trying one out during a visit. It actually worked quite well and was surprisingly stable shoulder mounted. It was specifically aimed at the birding market but was a little too unconventional for their liking.

On a similar topic, as an oldie , got the canera, got the lens, but I stopped at the support.

Zenit (camera) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia see bottom of page for the Photo sniper, not a hope today.

a blast from the past! I had one of those for my 35mm Zenith back in 1979. It was great budget camera and I took some terrific pics during my time in the RAF. Sadly they are all faded and gone. :D

Archived