Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Imaging Source cameras

The new DMK 21AU618.AS Mono and DFK 21AU618.AS Colour cameras fitted with Sony's sensitive near-infrared ICX618AQA sensor are now available.

• 1/4" CCD, progressive scan
  • Resolution 640 x 480
  • Max. 60 fps
  • Max exposure time 60 min
  • C/CS Mount (1.25" nosepiece included)

DMK_lunar_planetary_camera.jpg

Please note, some USB controllers built into PCs might not be able to handle the data rate required for 60 FPS. If you have USB3 (USB3 is better even in USB2-mode) you should not experience a problem. Most Firewire controllers appear to cope without difficulty.

For specifications and up-to-date prices please visit the Imaging Source Cameras section of our website.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I'm in the market for one but I am very pleased to see that FLO at least are offering the cam at euro exchange rate prices and not Euro =£1 prices

one particular European dealer is even selling them at 515 Euros compared to the 430 as marked by TIS.

Well done FLO !!!;):)

Initial reports are looking very good !

Steve,

Any idea if there will be 31, 41 or even 51 versions to match?

Cheers

The old ones are still here. TIS didn't announced any other new cameras. But still there is interesting DMK72 (one for all as TS calls it), or you can choose other vendors like iNova, or PGR Chameleon with the ICX445 for lunar/solar.

Would I regret purchasing the DFK rather than a DBK? I understand the dfk has an inbuilt uv filter rather than being able to use your own filters with the DBK. Is that going to be a big problem? I'd rather purchase from FLO if possible but they only have the DFK.

DMK is not an option as i don't want to get into RGB imaging.

Not that I'm in the market for one but I am very pleased to see that FLO at least are offering the cam at euro exchange rate prices and not Euro =£1 prices

one particular European dealer is even selling them at 515 Euros compared to the 430 as marked by TIS.

Well done FLO !!!;):)

Initial reports are looking very good !

Thank-you :(

We try to adopt that pricing policy wherever possible. In some instances it actually costs less to buy from FLO than direct from the country of manufacture as it costs us less to have it delivered. The new VMC Newtonian mirror cells are a good example.

Steve

You may also think about adding their DMK72 camera - it has ROI, it has binning - one4all as TS names it, and it was used by few people already.

DMK 72AUC02 - USB CMOS Monochrome Camera

The CMOS sensor is quite good (even at those very small pixels that need only ~f/8 or bit more to get max. theoretic scope resolution). Good for lunar, solar and at 640x480 ROI can do planets at 52FPS max.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

We prefer to see something being used successfully and endorsed by members here on SGL before we add it to our stock. We can of course order anything Imaging Source make, including the DBK. Many dealers take a scatter-gun approach where they list everything then see what sells but we prefer to be more targeted, it also makes it easier for us to keep stock on the shelves.

Any idea if there will be 31, 41 or even 51 versions to match?

I don't think so, as far as I can tell this new sensor is only available in the 1/4" 640x480 size. The 31 and 41 have larger sensors.

HTH

just checking does available mean instock

also do you have plenty ?

think this will sell well at price as not much more than older model

also do u know if old model being discontinued,

or will they be reducing price on older model ?

thx James

just checking does available mean instock

No, we retailers only received notice yesterday that they were available for order. We are expecting our first delivery in 7-10 days, then we hope to keep them on the shelf the way we do the regular DMK21.

In general the supply of imaging cameras, regardless of manufacture, is erratic due to component shortages and this is a new product so demand will be high for a while. If you know you want one it is best to place your order as soon as you can.

HTH

DFK41? If you want planets - it will be slow, for moon - quite good (although color not needed). Simple DS imaging - can work. That CMOS DMK72 has the ROI and binning feature which allows to get fast framerate with small planetary region of intrest (but it may have some cmosy fixed pattern noise - which can be resolved with a dark or dark/flat/bias if really needed)

Archived