NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Imaging Source cameras

Good to hear your cam is ok Neil but thats a pain if your pc wont play ball. Simply open exposure properties in IC Capture and change 1/60 to 1/61 (it wont let you do it on the exposure taskbar).

The y800 avi is mono and once debayer is activated becomes colour so I assume that means its debayered?

It only does 45fps with the rgb24 codec even at 1/61 but thats better than only 30fps.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a useful bit of info, i didnt know you could type your onw exposure command. so it seems the cam just wants to be told anything above 1/60 th, why go to 1/76th if light is low. when you can type 61. excellent info. are you sure its actually 61 secs exposure, and not just going to the next level, meaning 1/76th ?

yes I did debayer a few times on reg, sometimes it was better. you can also do a IC capture debayer on the fly, cant remember the procedure off the top of my head its been a while. but you can do it. theres info around how if you didnt know that Stuart

Hi Rossco, ive seen excellent results so far with the mono cam. theres only two issues really that im aware of, one of them is likely to be completely moot. if your using a computer chip different to mine ( trust me thats likely i think AMD PHENOM )

The other issue, as far as i can tell seems unavoidable at this time. Meaning the camera doesnt want to seem to get going at 60 fps, unless 1/76 th secs exposure is selected. at 1/60 secs exposure, it seems to behave like its at 1/30th as far as frame rate is concernerd.

But as soon as exposure is speeded up slighly above 1/60 secs. Hey presto it kicks into gear. its a slighly annoying anomaly. But not one that would put me off wanting or getting this ccd.

High frame rates will be possible without artifacts ( unlike in some cases the basler ace ) the flea 3 is slighly more expensive and possibly a bit more complicated to get up and running for the novice. though that cam has proved itself no question.

I have faith that the IS cams will become the new cheapest standard. yet to be determined. if all you have to worry about is the 1/60. versus 1/76th to get the 60 fps running. then i dont think thats a concern not to buy the cam. im certainly switching Rossco, My DMK is going on sale soon to pay for this.

This ccd is dynamite make no mistake. and in time amazing results are going to be coming from many in the uk, hopefully including me. Freddy williams is getting nice IR images, under even poor seeing. I think he would agree with my statements so far

Stuart ( SC ) Maybe you could get a constant light source switch between the two settings, and compare the light drop, as one will be noticable. but one should not, as a increment of 1 sec should be barely detectable. i might look into this today as its a interesting observation by you. one im suspecting is what i suggested. i think its forcing the cam to 1/76 secs. I hope not. but i have a feeling it is. if no perceptable light drop is seen Stuart. then im wrong. but if it can clearly be seen, then it seems likely im sure you will agree, we will be at 1/76 th

Here is the evidence. First light of a sort lol All images identical settings apart from shutter.

First pic is 1/60 at a miserly 30fps (y800 debayered in registax)

2nd pic is 1/61 at a whopping 60fps!! It works!! Clearly the same brightness as 1/60.

3rd is 1/76 at 60fps.

space-cowboy-albums-moon-venus-picture12776-brick-1-60th.png

space-cowboy-albums-moon-venus-picture12777-brick-1-61th.png

space-cowboy-albums-moon-venus-picture12778-brick-1-76th.png

Omg this is one time im Dammed happy to be wrong. your a genius stuart. Not sure you realize what youve just done. but the cam is now for all intents and purposes fireing on all 4 cylinders Others that do not know this information will be most pleased about this. ill bring it to the attention of Freddy williams who will find it usefull. Might be worth bringing to the attention of TIS, or at the very least there support forums. way to go Stuart. your the man. Great idea, that just happens to have solved the problem Rock on SC

Ahh ok sorry for the confusion. but im glad there is a work around that actually works. people with optics in the 10" range will benefit from this. even more reason why this camera is worth the wait i feel. i cant run at 60 fps yet myself. my first images may be at 30 fps. but i hope to have full 60 fps in the near future

If its clear im out there too Stuart. The weather just doesnt want us under the sky with new goodies. cant wait to see the gain control being so much more responsive. a large IR 742 will be my first test, then a RED then some RGBs, dont stop filming untill daylight, or when clouds stop you. it must be even higher by 0500 now, than when i last imaged

Welcome to the 618 club Rossco, we will find times, i wont let the uk weather get me down.

Tonight looks very promising. taking my mount out now. And slowly will be setting up all the gear, collimation tweaks cool down ect. if the clouds hold out. look on the boards sometime in the morning. are you seeing this weather map , MR S Cowboy

My DFK21AU618 arrived today :(

Thanks FLO :D

Just trying to get my head around all the talk in here about 1/61 and 60fps:confused:

sure it will be come clear soon :)

FYI - It doesn't like BY8, or at least IC Cpature crashes on my win7 netbook....

Very pleased with it so far though :D

My DFK21AU618 arrived today :(

Thanks FLO :D

Just trying to get my head around all the talk in here about 1/61 and 60fps:confused:

sure it will be come clear soon :)

FYI - It doesn't like BY8, or at least IC Cpature crashes on my win7 netbook....

Very pleased with it so far though :D

Yep BY8 crashes with my DFK too. The 1/60 exposure setting should allow the cam to run at 60fps but there is a bug which means it only does 30fps. Simply by manually typing in 1/61 on exposure properties this allows the cam to perform at the full 60fps.

Crossing everything for a clear sky Wednesday morning :)

I believe thats what i've done but selecting BY8 still crashes IC Cap. I can get 60fps with Y800 no problem at all.

And yes here's to clear skies, although would have been better last night as I wasnt at work today!! hey ho!! ;-)

So is it with YUY2 that I need to set 1/61 exp to get 60fps? I ask because it doesnt seem to make any difference, which suggest i am doing someting wrong????:)

[ATTACH]65724[/ATTACH]

YUY2 wont do more than 30fps there is no option for 60fps. Only y800 will do 60fps if its used with the y800 colour codec. This is the RAW data that needs debayering in Registax to produce a colour image. I tried y800 with the rgb24 colour codec but that only does 45fps on my machine even with 1/61.

I think the default setting is YUY2 with y800. I'm going to use y800 with y800 and then debayer in Registax (this is what I used on the brick pics).

Archived