Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

saturn 20th april 1/15th secs exposure

Frame rate wasnt 15 FPS i forgot to change the rate from 30 fps to 15. And that makes the framerate lower than it should have been, i lost quite a few frames. which is a shame. as it would have been better still, had i not made that mistake.

5780972895_0e966c288e_o.png

A bit of fun And a big resize

5780972885_b510f341c3_o.png

Thanks chaps

Justin its a DMK with Astronomik filters

Stuart, Nope its k3 this time. im keeping the avis, for a bit untill jupiter is better placed, as i would like to run these through R6. The last R6 stack i did, i liked the result. it seemed rather sharper and finer, which is my observation of R5 on jupiter last year. But k3 is a good noise control stack on Saturn. your comments here seem to bear this out. But ill agree reg. is sharper. Im really taking my time going through these. something im prefering and enjoying more. Less hard work, and more play time. i also think the processing is looking better, ive changed a couple of things. and i think its working better. It might just be these captures though, as it was a fairly good night. Here for example i seem to have really got the colours out, without a bad colour cast on the rings. Some may find it a bit OTT. but i think i like it. its a fine line agreed, but i like a lot of colour, always have, though its not everyones cup of tea. Im guessing reg6 will sharpen these up when i get round to it. but im enjoying using k3 on saturn.

• 2 weeks later...

Great images, the greater saturation shows up the polar region detail well. I've pretty much given up on Saturn now. I blew the dust of my SBIG CCD the other night and shot the M51 supernove, posted on deep sky imaging.

regards

Peter

Hi guys, thanks

yes i did apply saturation Freddy. often colour casts on the rings make it impossible to do that without odd rings. but a couple of captures ( including this one ) was less affected, so for the reasons mentioned by Peter, i tried to bring the colours out. not everyones taste i know. But i like the way the red polar ring becomes more obviouse with more colour. just spotted the questions, sorry for the delay in getting back.

Archived