As requested...

BigJohn

I'm introducing myself.

I'm John, and I'm big. As for what it doesn't say on the tin...

I'm from Scotland... the not-so-nice, light polluted central belt. I have used reasonably priced binoculars and a budget meade 4" newtonian, but have recently upgraded to an 8" SCT.

Unfortunately, the new scope had a problem with the goto mount... during the longest period of clear skies that Scotland has known for decades. I now have a new mount, which seems to be fine, but I have yet to have the chance to align it. ;)

Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to make some kind of contribution, as I feel indebted from the knowledge I have gleaned from lurking in SGL over the last few years.

Please be gentle with me. :o

Postedited, because I make lots of typos.

Hello Big John!

My youngest son, Iain goes by the same nickname at school... partly because at just 12, he's already 5'10" and easily 90kg, and partly because no one at his school can read or pronounce the proper Gaelic spelling of his name. ;)

Welcome to SGL and cheers from the 'other' Home of the Brave!

Dan

Archived