Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M109 & NGC 3953 with Takahashi TSA 120

FranckiM06

Hello everybody,

So, last Friday I have done some shots on these 2 beautiful galaxies in Ursa major and I was very happy to get this result. My Setup was the TSA 120 with the DSLR Nikon D610 on the 10µ mount without guiding.

For this image, there is 39 x 300s at 1600 iso + 15 Dark, 13 Flat & 17 Offset :

15022108320616139612994981.jpg

Full version :http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=15022108440816139612995019.jpg

Franck

This is unbelievable, the full version reveals a host of fainter more distant galaxies. I am more curious about the swathes of dark sky where no stars seem to be coming through. Could this be due to dark cosmic dust? I am also glad that I am not the only one who gets diffraction spikes with my Apos.

Regards,

A.G

Thank you my friend :wink: Yes, I have the 10Micron GM1000 HPS and I'm so happy with this mount and without guiding. For my wife, I bought a air ticket and she got big present because it is now near of 6 months she is actually in holiday in China with my daughter with her parents but actually I travel often in China for my work.  

I will contact to you soon because I would like to come around May.

Best regards

Franck

Ah, music to my ears (and eyes)! Lovely image and a lovely mount at that. I know all about what you have to give the second half for a 10Micron as I have two of them :)

Unguided is the way into the future! Forget PE, forget drift aligning, forget guide cameras and their snagging cables... I could go on here, but I'll rest my case ;)

/per

Yes, it is so great feeling and great sensation to get light setup without too much cables everywhere and simple DSLR fixed on the refractor. That is very good and so easy to practice the astronomy imaging. Also, when we know and we have understood how the mount work, it is great plaisure everytime that I use it without guiding.

Franck

Archived