SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 29/01 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

A Little windy tonight, but the seeing was better than of late and despite some intermittent cloud I managed to get a couple of decentish runs.

All went wrong on the way back in, treading in cat poo and dropping a favoured mug - but otherwise a reasonable evening ;)

post-26731-0-70353200-1422496299.png

quick and dirty process on this, but can have another run with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Here's the second run, with a little adjustment to curves:

post-26731-0-21856400-1422497305.png

This last process is a combination of the first two images, 2 frames per channel derotated in WJ and then an RGB derotation of the resulting channels. 

post-26731-0-03418400-1422573912.png

I also tried stacking 1500 and 3000 frames as a comparison against the original 2000 frames per channel - 2000 (or 30%) definitely appeared to be the sweet spot with the quality of the original video, 1500 stacks were noisy and 3000 were smooth but blurred out some of the fine detail.

Have to content myself with this tonight.   I went out for 30 minutes, but the wind is very strong and gusty tonight so I gave up after a couple of runs.

Last image from the run, taken after meridian flip.   I suspect the collimation had shifted slightly for this, but not too bad following the mods to the mirror cell.

post-26731-0-39371200-1422577133.png

Overall, not too bad a night considering the conditions and the seeing was definitely a little better than recently despite the surface winds.

I wont even do meridian flips anymore Jake because of the collimation problems, with newts, Jupiter is often getting worse at this point too. Your dedicated doing flips near the end of a session

Trust me Jake, you will get good seeing at some point, and when you do your images are going to look amazing. Easy to tell, because they look good under rubbish seeing.

You must be enjoying yourself. Its great when the results start coming.

Archived