SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn & storm Skymax 127 mak 8th april

bigal1

Hi all thought i'd post my best results from friday night taken with the Skymax 127mm mak scope 2x barlow lens + extension and spc900nc webcam , final image was around 3000 frames stacked . The atmosphere seemed very unsteady but in the calm moments the seeing was good .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877560668_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877560673_thumb.jpg

Alan Hi

Very nice pictures, can I please ask how did you get the colour?kej-albums-saturn-march-27th-picture10481-05sataa.png

This is my latest version, which is much improved for me, but no where near the likes of this or Spikey's I have seen previously.

I used wxastro capture and settings were 1/25 shutter @ 10fps , max gain 80% brightness and 80% saturation . The mount is a cg-4 motor driven and the final image was around 2500 frames . To get the colors i record a number of avi's with different white balance settings then check which i like , after that they then get a further tweaking of rgb levels / photo filters until i'm happy with the result .

Regards Alan

Archived