Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Markarian's Chain and friends from SGL6

SteveL

Managed to pre-script a 4-pane mosaic using CCD Commander on Saturday morning, and got a chance to grab some images for 2 of those panes on Saturday night at SGL6. The skies had thin cloudy rolling through, and it was a bit murky, so I wasnt expecting much from this. Its OK, not great, there is a lot of noise in the full size version, and some worrying hot pixels that have started appearing in the FITs files.

If only it had stayed wind-and-rain-free for longer, I could have broken out the C11 Edge I had on loan from Ford Prefect... :icon_eek:

Mount: EQ6 via EQMOD

OTA: Borg 60 @ f/3.8

Guiding: SW ED80 + SX Lodestar + Maxim

Imaging: Starlight Xpress M25C + MaximDL, 11 x 600s, Hutech LPS-V2 filter

Orchestrated: CDD Commander

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: PSCS2 + PixInsight

(Click on image for larger version, or click >>HERE<< for the HUGE version!)

20110402-markarians-chain-mosaic-1024.jpg

Blimey, that's massive and very good indeed, considering the poor cooperation from the elements.

How did you find room in the car for a C11 though, it was full to the Gills last time out wasn't it? :icon_eek:.

Ron.

That's pretty darn impressive depsite everything mate, that huge FOV applied to a 4 pane mosaic should make this awesome when it's done :icon_eek:.

Does that mean you did Daz?:rolleyes:

That's no moon....

Tony..

Very nice Steve, lovely FOV and a cracking start to a project!

I've just had a pan around the HUGE version and as you say there is a bit of noise... but nothing that won't be fixed with a few more subs.

Oh and flats :icon_eek:

Cheers

Ant

i do hope so Ron, otherwise it was in the roof rack!!! :D

very nice image btw steve :D, sorry you didnt get to play with the edge :D

Steve took the C11 in the roof box and I had his bedding in the car :icon_eek::rolleyes:

Archived