Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Should we offer to buy them new curtains?

JonH

The lady of the house apparently leaves the curtains open each time her daughter is out. They did blaze down over the site though. Very distracting. Perhaps we could suggest she fits a remote control, and give her daughter a remote she can operate when she actually gets home. :icon_eek:

Ron.

I have to confes this really got to me and I was going to arrange a collective "laser show" through their windows if they repeated the offence on the Saturday night. I don't think it had anything to do with their daughter; I could see her (the older one) in her badly decorated room on the Friday evening when all the lights were ablaze. I noticed the next afternoon the man of the house was clearly saying a long goodbye to the wife and looked like he wasn't coming back for a while. Perhaps it was his absence that gave us a decent viewing on Saturday without the light show. Nosey [removed word] me.

Hi TJ,

I phoned Nato on Friday night requesting that one of the jets be diverted from the Libya mission to extinguish those lights permanently. I told them that one of Gaddafi's sons was partying there. Unfortunately, Friday's schedule was fully committed to Libya.....

But, I did speak to the site owner on Monday morning as he was cutting the grass in the Rally Field, he owns the red house and has it rented out. He was unaware that all the lights were on. He has promised that the next time SGL are there the lights will be off.

Hope that brings a ray of "light" into your life!!!

Cheers

Adrian

he owns the red house and has it rented out. He was unaware that all the lights were on.

Thanks for this information Adrian. I met the owner's wife of the campsite at this house when I delivered the letter 3/4 weeks ago requesting co-operation with the lights. Pity I didn't know this fact at the time.

Mark

I understand what everyone is saying but it's their house at the end of the day.If the owner feels secure with the lights on for whatever reason then it's up to them, though asking them to tone the lights down would be a help.

I think it's the same house that last year flooded the area with a massive security light :)

Hi,

In fairness there was less lighting on Saturday, Sunday and Monday evenings.

There was no observing on Monday evening as the cloud was 100% thick, so Nick and myself had a drink and reviewed his images taken over the previous evenings.

It was deadly quiet except for the strong wind during the night, it was the worst night of the seven for the wind.

Cheers

Adrian

Maybe she thought of putting a red light filter on them but was concerned that would attract the wrong sort of visitor?

Nothing to do with there being a campsite full of men left alone for the weekend and staring at her through an ST120 just down the road, obviously :)

Archived