Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Well Hello to all!

BournemouthJ

Newbie here!

My wife bought me my first telescope at christmas (a Skywatcher Explorer 130m) which I loved albeit briefly.

She said she wouldn't mind if I got into it and got an upgrade, so I am now the proud owner of a Meade ETX125PE which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Light pollution is a bit of an issue here in Bournemouth, as have weather conditions been of late.

Looked to the forum a couple of times whilst researching various items, and thought it was about time that I dove in!

Anyway, hi to all, and I hope I may have something to add at some point!

:)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lovely part of the world it is fair to say, let's hope it's not the washout it was last year though, hired a beach hut from the friday, and saw precisely nothing, the Typhoon was awesome in 2009 though!

Thursday & Friday were good.

The Vulcan was out on the Thursday & Typhoon Friday - only a quick check out of the area.

My fave was the Dutch F-16 she was just stunning. Also scarred the life out of me, when they did a practice run on the Wednesday !

Welcome to SGL!

I am with you on the light pollution, I'm not far from you in Poole so we share the same night glow! Still if these clouds clear we might see a bit of Saturn tonight?!

John

Edit: The airshow rocks, better luck this year with the weather (the Vulcan is my fav)

I'm just opposite Queens Park, so get less than most, but the next door neighbour but one likes floodlighting his garden from time to time! (Not to self, must have a word for them to have it switched off on clear nights)

It's a possibility that we'll lose the cloud cover between about 8 and 10, here's hoping!

Certainly seems like a great place to be (so far)

Welcome to SGL. I'm pretty new here myself but so far I have found the forum to be a great resource. Loads of advice when asked for and lots of encouragement if you post any images.

Cheers, Chris

Archived