SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is it me or do we need a facebook page????

lee allen

Ok! Im not a facebook fan but as a hip go lucky dude! lol Spittin some bar at the weekend! lookin at the stars and think a no likey that street lighty! lmao..............???? what you think?? down with the kids and all that!! :hello2: OR has it been done and im not in the gang??:hello2:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way I'm tired after work and I had pie and mash for my tea tonight....

Just thought I'd better let you all know. :hello2:

Heh, that about encapsulates Facebook. Thats gotta be worth $76billion of anyones money.. :hello2:

Facebook page would be a great idea, it's easy to get news out quicker and publish regular updates (ie PotW) plus you can 'connect' it to the twitter account, so you update on twitter and it posts on facebook!

I'd also like to point out that if some here don't have facebook, a PAGE is different to a PROFILE.

If you 'like' a page, it cannot see anything about you, eg your photos, status updates etc. If you 'friend' someone, they can.

P.S

I've set up and administrated some pages before, so if you want help I'd be happy to assist. :hello2:

Facebook page would be a great idea, it's easy to get news out quicker and publish regular updates (ie PotW) plus you can 'connect' it to the twitter account, so you update on twitter and it posts on facebook!

I'd also like to point out that if some here don't have facebook, a PAGE is different to a PROFILE.

If you 'like' a page, it cannot see anything about you, eg your photos, status updates etc. If you 'friend' someone, they can.

P.S

I've set up and administrated some pages before, so if you want help I'd be happy to assist. :hello2:

so what we all sayin??? pie an mash OR mash it up on facebook! its the furture!!!! lol...anyone who likes can post and it can be mod to keep the idiots out(thats me then) but i think its a good ting............if i say so myself(smug smile;)) lmoa LETS DO IT:hello2:

I think personally that there are some very interesting possibilities raised by the suggestions in this post.

Maybe we are looking at the opportunity to have a longer and more active average membership, by feeding titbits to those interested enough to join the forum, but not active enough to stay around for a long time.

Of course, you had me at "Potw updates" :hello2:

Thanks

Tim

P.S

Hmmm... Can't see the point of watering down the quality of SGL by intermingling it with a networking site myself. Plus I don't want Paris Hilton being thrown at me when I'm trying to resolve stars in M13 lol :hello2:

Archived