NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Derby, England

KatieM

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome to the forum,

i`ve also just bought a 8" sct which i`ve mounted onto my HEQ5,

we have a little group in the East Midlands area, if you fancy coming along to one of our meets sometime please do, there`s a like to our social group in my signature below

Hi Katie and welcome to SGL :o

You may be interested in our local group East Mids Stargazers. We have a couple of dark sites where we meet for observing. We also arrange group bookings at major star parties, and other social events. Click the link in my signature for further details :(

Hi Martyn,

I'm looking forward to getting some clear skies sometime! Derby is really cloudy at the moment.

I love the scope but I'm having problems aligning the finderscope so it's a bit frustrating. I've posted the problem here and have had some replies but am considering upgrading my finder. Apart from that, I've had the scope out a few times and am beginning to get used to it. Had some great views of the moon, Orion and the nebula but at the moment I'm just wandering around the sky being bowled over by what I can see! Amazing!!

Cheers,

Katie

i`d recommend getting one of the Celstron solar filters that clip over the front of the scope, i`ve had some good views of Sun spots using it and it`s something that can be done in the daytime as the nights are so cloudy at the moment

Archived