Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The countdown has begun

MrsR

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you!

I have two weeks off in March and hope to make a bins purchase and use the time to get them fitted to my camera tripod, and then make an observation plan..... only to have it scuppered by cloud.

Good luck

Mark

Alan not quite yet - this coming Friday 25th is pay day so the phone call will be made to FLO :)

Right, only a week out! I would try them to see if they have many in stock, save you waiting even longer, mind you not much fun observing clouds :(

keep us all posted, look forward to your thoughts on them :o

Right, only a week out! I would try them to see if they have many in stock, save you waiting even longer, mind you not much fun observing clouds :o

keep us all posted, look forward to your thoughts on them :)

Good point, will give them a ring tomorrow.

I'm really excited for you MrsR.....my Celestron 15x70's are my preferred tool for viewing the skies and for me offer the perfect FOV and magnification for viewing my favourite objects.....globs and double clusters are beautiful and the Orion Neb is a view to behold.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of enjoyable nights with your new toy......when the clouds disperse of course. :rolleyes:

Will be getting aHorizon 8115 tripod next month. :eek:

I doubt it. I've just bought a new head for my tripod so I'm not expecting any clear skies until at least next week now.:rolleyes:

Between us we have messed the skies up good and proper then :)

I'm curious to know what your new binos are like. I had to send 2 pairs back to FLO as they had been knocked out of callibration by the courier. FLO were very good about it but now I'll have to buy them from a physisal shop rather than risk the hassle returning via a courier

Archived