Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 63 NEBULA AND BLIMEY A BRIGHT STAR

CELESCOPE

One i have always wanted to get good , and i had 3 hours of clear sky tonight , well pleased at getting this ultra faint object , although that bright star is something else , huge ,eh!! anyway 70 subs at 60 secs , HA filter , and ole faithfull the ED100,Atik 16hr

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

Hi Martin . yes a few gusts about lost about 8 subs inall , so not to bad , but idf you ever get a chance at this one . beware of that bright star, its a curse , it will wash that neb out very easy, so i think short subs are on the cards for this one,and pull what you can out of it , i had to tone the star right down in the process, its ..... soooooooo bright.

Superb Rog as always! 8)

Anyone know what that star is by any chance?

Caz

I think Rog. had it in the caption. Is it not Gamma Cassiopeiae.? If it is, it is an erratic variable. It is a BO supergiant IC 59 Is also associated with the star.

I am quoting from Burnhams Celestial Handbook Volume 1 here, and not off the top of my head.

Barkis. :D

Superb Rog as always! 8)

Anyone know what that star is by any chance?

Caz

I see where you're coming from, Caz - too busy staring into the pic to bother with the funny writing at the bottom!!

Beautiful image Rog. Well done for getting such detail in a faint object alongside such a bright star

Archived