Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IOW star party

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprised to see no traffic on the IOW star party...

I am surprised you haven't generated some...

From what I hear last year's IOW Star Party was a successful event at an impressive location but if those who attend keep it to themselves it won't receive the recognition it deserves.

Perhaps if you were to post some details and invite people to attend :)

That's odd isn't it? Pops by to mention that the IOW star party isn't being promoted but doesn't come back to give any details or promote further? I wonder why not?

I'm assuing s/he is one of the organisers, so it wouldn't take much to add a few details and get people interested? I wonder if they have posted the same on S@N, CN etc etc or just here?

As my old manager, a Yorkshireman, used to say 'Nowt as queer as folk!'

actually no I am nothing to do with the organizing committee although I have been a few times and enjoyed it. The post was an observation rather than a complaint as I think the star party is pretty much booked up by now. Odd how the admins appear to be so touchy and anyway anybody could find the information out froom google. I assume they know how to use it?

Owen

Yes, but you could have added the details just as easily to you original post, seeing as you were bemoaning the fact it hadn't been mentioned? Assuming you know how to add them, of course? I'd Be happy to help you, or the party organisers for next year. Anything that promotes astronomy will get lots of support from the members here.

Admin's not touchy at all, certainly not as touchy as you're coming across.

Archived