Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder in Spring

blinky

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This posting seems to have gone quiet! Is everybody going to the SGL Star party? Its just a bit tooooooo far for me. About an 8-10hr journey each way.

Anyways I am just about to book a couple of pitches for the Friday and Saturday and wondered if there was any way of us all getting pitches beside each other?

I was having a small email debate with gary (Who is taking the bookings) and initially said I would like power but he has said that all the SGL bods like to get a bit closer to nature and go wothout power. So I guess I need to get a power tank then! Power would have suited better but it will be good to meet up again and hopefully get some observing this time!

Think I will also be going :D

From someone who hasnt been before: Is "camping" in your car allowed? Do you think I'd then need hard standing? i.e. how soggy can it get? lol

I don't need electric hookup (I'll try to get hold of extra batteries for the lappy just in case I need to refer to starry night)

I've mailed Gary anyway and got the nod from my missus too :p

Cheers

Paul

I've often thought about coming along to one of these occasions. Never got round to it though.

Go on........someone sell it to me.

Why should i want to come along? (The camping aspect really appeals. Been years.)

Andy.

I've often thought about coming along to one of these occasions. Never got round to it though.

Go on........someone sell it to me.

Why should i want to come along? (The camping aspect really appeals. Been years.)

Andy.

Lo Andy

Well mate you would be in the company of like minded people who are only too willing to help with a variety of experience.

Plus you get to meet people from here. If that doesn't sell it I don't know what will.

Well maybee fantastic real ale in the Anglers Arms. :D See You there mate :p

I've been given spousal permission (my two year old daughter has said I can go too) so I'd be a fool to not use the "weekend pass" to attend so have booked to do so! :D Its going to be my first star party and I'll be driving up from Taunton so I'll be the one walking around looking more than a little spaced. I'm told the skies are seriously dark at Kielder so hopefully the skies will be clear and the weather not too bad although I've camped in pretty grim circumstances before.

A couple of posts back I see reference to real ale andd a pub? Are they nearby? :p

:D,, Well poor Kev fending all you lot off single handed!! what a trooper..... Gary Fildes here, good to see we have plenty of interest amongst you all still, Jamie looking forward to seeing you mate , oh and leave the torch at home please :shock: :blob8::p,

Seriously though guys it is looming again so spread the word and have a rally round, the numbers are going well and we should have a good turnout :sunny:, however the more the merrier I say... Any of you lot up to do a talk??? let me know as Im about to set the speakers up.. Oh and Hello :p

Welcome Gary,

Shan't be able to make the Spring one, but have hopes for Autumn!!

You and Kev should be OK to keep the rest of this rabble in line :D

Andy - get along to a star party!! Great fun, and when the weather plays ball, simply amazing!!

Archived