SPC900nc Imaging Issues

I have recently purchased the above camera but am having real trouble it. I have downloaded Sharpcam to use alongside it but when I tried to use it tonight I got the following message -

Error 80070005: Cannot start graph.

Any ideas would be greatfully received!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Click File and then set capture file. You choose where you want the images to go. Default is the desktop, I think.

I always set up a file first eg "Tuesday 8 Feb Moon" or similar - choose the name carefully as it is easy to get confused in the heat of the moment!!

Yeah. I got it from Morgans Computers. Flashed, adapted and with IR/UV filter.

Just making sure :(. The SPC880 Looks so similar to the SPC900 not everyone realizes it has to be flashed. The way I have seen some of the 880's advertised on eBay I can understand some peoples confusion.

Hi Paul,

Yeah it works really well now but I can't upload the videos to Registax now!!!

You need to set the capture folder before it works. I did this and it's all good. Open Sharpcap and then just click on 'FILE' and 'SET CAPTURE FOLDER' to get it working.

Good luck

Mark

Yeah it works really well now but I can't upload the videos to Registax now!!!

I have a similar issue I have to use virtualdub to export the frames as seperate images as it just errors when I try to open the captured AVI I think it's because my PC is 64 bit. I think that because they open on my netbook which is 32 bit but far to slow to process the video.

Fija

The download page for sharpcap suggestes signing up to the forum at astronomyshed as there are a couple of video tutorials there giving a run down on how to set up the program. They certainly helped point me in the right direction. Other than thet, I thinkl there is deffinately room for a manual or texted based tutorial!

Cheers

Alun

Just making sure :). The SPC880 Looks so similar to the SPC900 not everyone realizes it has to be flashed. The way I have seen some of the 880's advertised on eBay I can understand some peoples confusion.

What benifits are there to flashing it?

Archived