Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL Start Party 3

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All

Having just booked my time off for Kelling this year, I thought it about time I started on the SGLSP3 event!!

So, I'm thinking of the Bank Holiday weekend of 26th & 27th May. This will give us 2 nights with the Monday off to drive home and recuperate!!

I'm also thinking of returning to the Black Mountains in Wales, as this was a great site with awesome skies (and an excellent pub!)

The details are here: http://www.blackmountainholidays.co.uk/index.htm

I am already asking about availability and maximum capacity of the field.

Now, there is no electric hookup on this field, so either we need to think about generators or some other method of getting things charged. And, depending on numbers, catering arrangements.

MartinB, Caz and MarkRD will (I hope) confirm my memory of the skies, and it would be great to see as many of you as possible. As before, non-drivers should make themselves known so anybody passing them could offer lifts.

If the date is a huge problem, then please suggest an alternate - otherwise I will forever be going round in circles!!!

Over to you guys and gals....

Hi. Daz, I've only ever been to Dalby, although it was every one. Weather wise I have to say on the whole they were disappointing from an astronomy standpoint. On the other hand they were superb for meeting guys and girls from all parts of the UK, who share the same interests. And I met some great people, and their Astro equipment. Also Our group visited lots of places of interest in North Yorkshire, and we did a lot of cycling in the surrounding area too.

I look forward to getting a final report on when, where, and whatever else, cos I am sure to be there. I love Wales, if that is where it is too be. I spent a lot of my army service in the country. And they are the best at singing and Rugby. One last point and I'll shut up. what is the height above sea level of the Black Mountain site?

Thanks. Barkis :D

Kai

Once I know numbers, I'll make the arrangements and advise you of the costs.

However, I find myself unable to attend the weekend of the 18th/19th!!! :D

If the majority of people are happy with this date, then that's fine - I will still make the arrangements. Of course, if the majority want it moved, then I'm happy to do that also.

Soooo

It looks like we need a block booking for 3 weeks now :p:blob5::blob8::p

As i said that you cant get rid of me that easily i have moved my hols around in May (and the wifes !!!) so the new proposed weekend IS good for me

Maybe i should retire as it seems alot easier to go away when you have retired :D

Archived