Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL Start Party 3

Hi All

Having just booked my time off for Kelling this year, I thought it about time I started on the SGLSP3 event!!

So, I'm thinking of the Bank Holiday weekend of 26th & 27th May. This will give us 2 nights with the Monday off to drive home and recuperate!!

I'm also thinking of returning to the Black Mountains in Wales, as this was a great site with awesome skies (and an excellent pub!)

The details are here: http://www.blackmountainholidays.co.uk/index.htm

I am already asking about availability and maximum capacity of the field.

Now, there is no electric hookup on this field, so either we need to think about generators or some other method of getting things charged. And, depending on numbers, catering arrangements.

MartinB, Caz and MarkRD will (I hope) confirm my memory of the skies, and it would be great to see as many of you as possible. As before, non-drivers should make themselves known so anybody passing them could offer lifts.

If the date is a huge problem, then please suggest an alternate - otherwise I will forever be going round in circles!!!

Over to you guys and gals....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off that weekend.... :D

And I have a generator! :)

And a big portable BBQ.... :lol::)

Does the site cater for caravans...ie any hard standing.

I have a telescope somewhere as well....Can't find it coz I forgot what it looks like :)

Just a quick thought...

If I bring the carvavan you can recharge stuff off it...For beer tokens of course :)

Also it has a big internal domestic fridge and I have a big electric cool box for beer....I mean milk!

Wales??? Thats like a whole day of Driving! Not very central! Was hoping it would be Keilder as thats only 2.5 hrs drive.

2.5 hours for you! Kielder is nearly 7 for me and more for others!!!

Daz, do you have an address for this place?

I think me and my Dad are definitely up for it, possibly a friend as well :)

What, apart from the address on the website, in the first post, at the top of the page???

:lol::)

OK, the big field we were in last time holds around 70 tents, or there is a smaller one just opposite that will do around 25.

And I don't think there would be a problem with a van Greg,

Be really cool if we could get the whole field!!!!

Absolutely Kai. There are some great walks and points of interest around - although the site itself is a little remote.

Caz will have some more info on the around-about stuff, or even some photo's if I remember...?

I am feeling genuinely excited about this year's Star Party :lol:

:stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

I went to the first one and, even though it was clouded over, it was worth going just to meet so many members! Last year's was crystal clear but I missed that one :)

Daz, do you have an address for this place?

I think me and my Dad are definitely up for it, possibly a friend as well :)

What, apart from the address on the website, in the first post, at the top of the page???

:lol::)

D'oh :) I am officially an idiot...

Caz will have some more info on the around-about stuff, or even some photo's if I remember...?

I did? I can't remember taking any... :scratch: I'll have a look. Saying that, theres no need for pics, just take our words for it, it is stunning!!! 8) 8)

Caz

I just looked at the map. My God, do they speak English there? I'm not sure I should go anyplace I can't pronounce the town names. They don't use vowels much, do they?

It's the weekend after my Star Party in Pennsylvania, (q.v.) anyway. Looks like a good time! Not that I could get there - it's a long swim.

Don't worry WH, I'll translate for them.....When Steve and I went to the first SP in North Wales I made him pronounce all the town names on the way up :)

The windscreen of the car was covered in spit :lol:

Daz,

The field you were in last time was it flat and accessible for the caravan as I can run it off 12v and the fridge will run off gas, the other option would be a serviced pitch, but it would be nice to all be together in the same field. :sex:

Archived