Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horse head In Ha*more data added

MikeD

The bulk of this data was collected on Tuesday the 18th January, conditions that night weren't good so even though I got 4 hours of data the result was too noisy.

Last night I managed just under 2 hours of extra data, just enough to bring the noise down so I can move onto some colour data.

17 @ 20 min's in Ha through my 10" newt and HX916 CCD, Off axis guided with Maxim DL.

The longer subs have brought back the issue I had with star halos from the Astronomik Ha filter.;)

Although the halos would have been 10 times worse with my old Astronomik Ha filter I had replaced.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture8761-b33-hax-17xx.jpg

post-13376-13387752593_thumb.jpg

Another hour and twenty min's of Ha tonight before the fog set in.

Not a great deal of difference but It has enabled me to push the data a little harder on the faint detail at the bottom of the shot.

Image is now 21 @ 20 min's Ha

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture8781-b33-ha-21xx.jpg

post-13376-133877526331_thumb.jpg

It is starting to look less like a head and more like a horse viewed from behind and it looking around to it's left :)

A very good image BTW, loads of fine detail and I am looking forward to the end result :)

Took me a minute to see what you were on about,suddenly i saw the horses ar.............Cracking image Mike.:)

Archived