NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette 20th Dec

MartinB

Another go with the ZS66 and AP focal reducer. SXVH9 Very rushed cos was supposed to be wrapping pressies. Had to pack in early to maintain domestic harmony :) So 40x60 sec subs Ha binned 2x2. Would loved to have been able to leave the scope running for another 2 hours. Pleased with the amount of detail but think there's more to come from this set up.

image.jpg

Martin , now stop it!!! thats my catch phase!! JUST A RUSH JOB!!! , splended image mate , lovely detail and fits to the frame lovely. i think i prefer the b/w one , reason why is i have done the HA , it looks nice but i think the LRGB or HR RGB would render some lovely tones , thats what i want to try later , but a super image Martin .

Rog

:)

It's supposed to be visible with a small scope CC although I have never really looked for it. My super polaris doesn't have goto so I had to rely on a telrad to get it on the chip. This was't easy because is is quite well away from any bright stars - 2 21/2 telrad fields of view. Was quite relieved when in showed up on the chip.

Binning at F4 does make for a super sensitive setup and I still had quite a bit of stretching to do so it isn't that bright.

Nicely tweaked Steve. Bit more sharpening and contrast. You could do better still with the original fit.

John the H9 is a gem and this focal reducer works perfectly with it. Hope Santa comes up with the goods

Yes you can only get them from the States John, AP do not have a UK dealer and you can't just order online, you have to email them. With the exchange rate as it is I paid around £100 for the reducer and then a bit more for the nose piece. Compares favourably with Celestron and Meade. Of course you've go shipping :) but I didn't get charged any duty :lol:

Thanks Gary.

John - exciting times! Shout out if you have any problems. The SXV software isn't the greatest. I use Maxim but Astroart is supposed to be pretty good as well. You can get a full version of Maxim on a 1 month trial

Archived