NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M82 - LRGB - MN190 first real test

Coco

HI

Managed to grab half and hour in all 4 channels and have a play..

MN190 & 314l+

4 x LRGB @ 180 seconds

Combined in pixinsight

Image is 'as is' bar a few stacking shadows knocking of 20 pixels around the edges.. :D

Looking forward to adding more ASAP..

original.jpg

post-15416-133877520352_thumb.jpg

Sweet mate, interested in this as obviosuly jsut got my MN190 with my QHY9.

When was this taken, last night during the full moon ?

Here is mine 2 nights ago http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/126179-1st-light-mn190-bodes.html

Heavy processing on mine, but yours has great colour and definition on the galaxy.

yes FULL MOON :D obviously pointing away from the Moon but am well happy, the sky was misty also :)

Love this 190 dew monkey... :evil1:

Love this 190 dew monkey... :D

LOL :evil1: Perfect description mate :)

Don't spose you could post a crop of the stacked and combined image before processing as a tiff could you ? Would love to test my PS skills and see if it is your processing or your camera doing this ?

Just the section with M82 in it to keep the size down

Or email it to DELETED BY CAT

LOL :D Perfect description mate :evil1:

Don't spose you could post a crop of the stacked and combined image before processing as a tiff could you ? Would love to test my PS skills and see if it is your processing or your camera doing this ?

Just the section with M82 in it to keep the size down

email sent :)

It is easy to see mate, you had much better seeing than me or I need to learn how to focus all over again.

I only got B/W image, but that was enough to see the difference in yours compared to mine. I remember we had loads of mist / fog that night.

Would love to do a proper comparison one day with your CCD vs mine

Seeing these I am tempted to sell up some of my fishing gear and other bits to invest lol.

My problem is I don't have a ccd. What is the difference in field of view between the likes of the 314 QHY9 and a DSLR?

I'm attempting to find something that will give me the best value for money based on what targets will fit the field of view of the dslr and which wouldn't.

Nice image fella, The 190 seems to be the scope of choice at the moment and for good reason I think! Looking forward to seeing what else it can pull out of the bag!

I'm at work at the moment trying to image M81!! but with the massive light pollution on the docks and the constant HGV's thundering by I don't hold out much hope!

Clear skie mate,

Matt.

Ta mate, will post results if that is ok

Post away... I'll do a ful LRGB stack and crop the centre if you want..

Remember its only 10 x 3 mins on each filter... 1 hr of each will really pull out detail.. :)

Starblazer read this thread :D : http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-discussion/123274-atik-314l-crop-factor.html

Thanks everyone else... :evil1:

• 1 month later...

Another bash, here is another 2 hours.. its chaged colour somewhat, I'm going to work on that one :p

And close up :)

I love this MN190 /ATIK 314 Combo ..

post-15416-133877542055_thumb.jpg

post-15416-13387754207_thumb.jpg

Stunning resolution and good colour, but resist the temptation to over sharpen and exclude the stars if you do want to wellie the unsharp mask!!

I am doing this in the TEC140 at a similar focal length so comparing the results will be interesting. On the face of it your 190 might well have the edge that theory would suggest. Since I am also after the Integrated Flux I have 8 hours lum and it ain't enough, so from that POV as well I should buy a 190 I think!

Olly

Stunning resolution and good colour, but resist the temptation to over sharpen and exclude the stars if you do want to wellie the unsharp mask!!

I am doing this in the TEC140 at a similar focal length so comparing the results will be interesting. On the face of it your 190 might well have the edge that theory would suggest. Since I am also after the Integrated Flux I have 8 hours lum and it ain't enough, so from that POV as well I should buy a 190 I think!

Olly

Olly, unlike the original post there was 'no' Lum included in this image in fact no darks or flats either ... how un professional is that :)

I wanted a result due to the Lancashire weather so opted out of it, I'll add it during the course of the season.. Great scope but needs collimation check every session... no real deal but you might get fed up with your busy schedule... camera off - on re focus etc..

Nadeem... thanks mate... and your right about the clipping , should improve with the Lum and some HA possibly.:p

You can't collimate without removing the camera? Using a defocused star image won't do? I have no idea, never having used one. That would indeed be a hassle for me since it might mean reshooting flats.

BTW I put a discussion up on one metre focal length imaging options on the Imaging Discussion board.

I'd really like to get my hands on an MN190 to give it a blast.

Good luck with the weather. Maybe some Ha in the moonlight?

Olly

Archived