Newbie from the Black Country

stephenwilliamwatts

Greetings all I have decided to finally put down some roots and get involved in astronomy I picked up a pretty good telescope for a song a Meade LX-200. I know its alot of telescope for a new person but the price was a steal so I could not turn it down.

Am sure I will be asking lots of obvious questions so will spend some thim looking through the postings to see if I can get the answers there.

Anyway happy viewing

Steve

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your new scope and at a bargain price. No scope is too much or to little for a new person - have what you like and enjoy, it will certainly save you keep changing it for something bigger and has saved you expense in the process.

Now all we want for you is some clear skies! (do you feel THAT lucky? :):D )

James

Welcome from me also... New to it all myself, this site is superb - lots of great articles/threads... I had questions on eps, scope balancing, RA & DEC stuff... I have had answers and been directed to threads on all these topics and more!

Enjoy

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

At this rate there won't be a garden in the West Midlands that hasn't got someone in it staring upwards :evil1:

If only... that would sort out the halogen "searchlights" and with that many of us we could swing the next local election, take over the West Midlands' Councils and turn all the street lights off.

Hi from Brownhills :D

Archived