NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Who's using what?

Nexus 6

What do you use?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use?

Hi SGL, seems there's a lot of new members to add to the forums regulars, I thought it would be interesting to see what make your primary scope is?, primary as many more seasoned oberververs/imagers will have more than one. Which do you use?

I am pretty sure I know which manufacterer is going to top this poll. :)

Also apologies if the scope your using is not on the list. Max no is 10.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprise Bresser is on there. I thought they left the telescope market. Anyway, I think Bresser, Celestron, Orion US and Skywatcher should be in a Synta group. Rename Orion to Orion Optics UK because it is easily confused with Orion US. APM, Televue, Tak can go into one astronomical priced scope group. GSO, Revelation, TS can be part of a Non-Synta Chinese scope group.

I voted Celestron because it is my second most frequent used scope. Main scope is a Stellarvue, but it is uncommon in UK so I can blame you for not having it on the list.

Yes we need an Orion Optics UK and a Orion US distinction please?

Yes, and Intes, Intes Micro, Lomo, etc, etc.

You could save a few entries by having "Synta" - that would cover Skywatcher, Celestron and Orion (USA) :)

Oh, and Bresser are part of Meade .....

Only prob is Orion USA are not part of Synta. They source a lot of bits from Synta but also a lot from GSO and others. Their 6" and 8" F4 newts are GSO and the Ritchey's are sourced from the same place as Astrotech. And they have a right mix of refractors sourced all over the place.

And i'm not seeing Seben and Tasco in that list? How can you have a serious list of scopes without those quality brands. :)

LOL:D:D

I would have like TeleVue or the choice to pick more than one but hey ho, I suppose my WO is my Primary scope

Despite all the above comments, I'm surprised to see Meade so low on the list, so far at least :)

I take your point about Orion (USA) Russ - a real "hotch potch" !. My russian-made Intes MN61 is branded Orion - by way of a sticker applied to the side of the tube !.

Seems i've opened up a can of worms here with the Synta brand name covering a few entries, and Orion Uk/USA ,serious apologies for missing off Televue! :)

John, thanks for the clarification on Bresser. :o

Hope no one's too put out by this poll, I was only wondering what we use, just a bit of fun more than anything.

I think, even from you guys who have mentioned one or two omissions and naming them it helps the uninitiated your comments give. :)

Last thing I know only the one vote may not cover all options if you're imaging for one. I guess you'll need to decide which one you'd take to a desert Island along with some of those favourits songs :)

Archived