Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello from suffolk!

stan26

Hello SGL!

Newb checking in from cloudy Suffolk. What a great site you have here, I have already learnt so much from browsing the forums. I'v been using an old donated 60mm vixen refractor/binos for a few months now and feel its time to make a purchase! So I've logged on to gather some much needed advice before I do so.

Cheers

Stan.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks astronymonkey.

You know the real silly thing is when I say I have been using a 60mm refractor maybe I should say I have been using a 60mm optical tube with er......well.... lets say an adapted eye piece.:D

I lost the eyepieces and the diagonal when I first got it. So unscrewed the 6x EP from the finder and taped it to the focuser tube :icon_eek:

It works though! I looked at Jupiter for the first time and was amazed to see the moons etc. I even found m31 although I suffered from backache the next day......

Hi Stan and welcome to the forum.

It certainly pays to do your research first as there is a lot of kit which can perform in different ways to achieve different things. Ask as many questions as you need!

Clear skies

James

Hi Stan, welcome to SGL :icon_eek: Hang around here a while and you'll pick up all the knowledge you need for that scope. Have a look through the equipment help section and the beginners help and advice section, there's always someone asking for advice and they are well worth reading.

Hi Stan! Welcome from another Suffolk based newbie :-)

Where in Suffolk are you? I'm Ipswich end and just joind up with Orwell Astro Soc last week... hoping there's some other Suffolk based imaging bods out there so I can go and get some first hand advice off them! :-)

Ben

Thanks guys!

rocketandroll - Im based in a village called Mendlesham a few miles up the A140 on the way to Diss. I work in ipswich though. Had herd of the Orwell club, might be an idea for me to join as well......

Archived