Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 Whirlpool

adamsp123

Bit of a saga to get this one, it wasn't my intended target but after rolling my obsy on and off due to changable clouds/light rain from 5pm onwards, and my kit got slightly wet at one point, finally at 2am the skies cleared I went for M51 as I could get a reasonable run at it although quite a few subs were wind ruined. A quicky really!

Modded canon 1000D at ISO800 2hrs of data with 2 min subs guided, on a 190MN F5.3 scope.

Darks, bias and flats applied, stacked in DSS with 2x drizzle tweaked in PS

the Atik will come out when I know I will have a proper clear night...hahaha.

Thanks for looking

post-15319-133877517642_thumb.jpg

That looks great - I wonder if you would be so kind to answer a question I have. This was taken with a modded 1000D, you say that you would have liked to get the Atik on it - WHat difference would that make to this image?

That looks great - I wonder if you would be so kind to answer a question I have. This was taken with a modded 1000D, you say that you would have liked to get the Atik on it - WHat difference would that make to this image?

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, as regards to the question above ...time and clear moonless skies will tell all....I will psot the Atik version along with this for a direct comparison sometime....

Pete

Nice colours... Are you planning more data?

BTW... what on earth were you doing until 2AM :icon_eek:

Having a kip (12 to 1.30am based on SAT24 pics) once all the kit was working and I knew the skies were going to be clear for the rest of the night I went back to bed until 6am..... joy of an OSC camera.

Having a kip (12 to 1.30am based on SAT24 pics) once all the kit was working and I knew the skies were going to be clear for the rest of the night I went back to bed until 6am..... joy of an OSC camera.

As in EOS OSC :icon_eek:

Archived