Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsehead Nebula in Orion

Fay

5338776303_9d2f2a3a94_b.jpg

Well first image for months, due to weather, so bit rusty at setting up.

Had a few problems last night. Mainly Atik would not connect, took ages to realise I had plugged it into the wrong socket! |(silly me, could have blown it up)Thought I would use EQMOD, tried to get it going for about half hour, could not do it, so resorted back to handset, as could not mess about any longer. It then came to light that the mount was not turned on!!!!

This was 20x480, Atik 314L, 7nm ha filter, o.8 fr. WOZS66.

I did some darks, but for some reason no program would stack the subs. They were done the same exposures as lights. Looked black when looking via Astroart, the window with image details underneath, but when opening in Astroart, the subs were white 65,000 & the side stretch bars did not make any difference.

I would have liked a better composition, but needs must when not having a larger chip!

Greetings Fay and happy new year! Nice start. It can drive you nuts when you forget things, I know. Can't remember what I forgot last time out but it was important... Er...

However, you have the Horse in all its glory. Good old 66, a minor marvel.

Olly

Thanks Olly. Happy new year to you too. It has been awful not being able to get outside, & when we do after abstaining for long, lot of problems rear their heads!!!!

I want to make the most of the Horse, with different equipment & aspects, I think I missed nearly all of it last year due to weather

Thats a lovely FOV, with a FOV that size you'd get a lovely HH and Flame.

Lots of nice detail in the whispy stuff...

Last night I forgot to plug the power lead in for the H9 and got some very odd results - took me a few minutes to work that one out. On Saturday night I plugged the USB lead into the other port and wondered why Maxin said there was no camera.

Are you going to extend the shot into the flame area as well?

Ant

hello Fay, great picture , :)hope you don,t mind but i couldn't resist playing with your image in ps, hope you like it , if you have raw image could you send to me as i am trying to learn how to use photoshop for image manipulation, regards Tony

post-18854-133877516242_thumb.png

Amazed at how many of you like it, that's good!!

Went outside with the Canon, last night, to do wider field of Horse. Really put a lot of work into the evening but got a rubbish image. Can't do anything with it! Sky was not that good, & there was a very heavy dew/then frost. It was like The Day After Tomorrow, thought I would be found frozen solid in the morning! So perhaps the scopes misted up even though the dew strips were on there.

Also 300 secs may not have been enough for Canon/Horse, although any longer & the subs would have been pink.

Tony, I really like your manipulation of my Horse, great colours. I will sort out a FITS image for you

Fay - I have to say that is one of your best. The 3 month layoff must have agreed with you... :) Are you going to add some colour like others have said that is a brilliant Luminance layer..

John

You are too kind to me John. Have not thought about it.

The nuiscance is that the Baader ha filter, which has a higher rim to it, does not allow me to rotate the Astro Engineering filter, unless it is the FR touching the Baader that is stopping it. I have not investigated it yet. It is one or the other.

I may have to screw it into the camera nosepiece, so I can rotate the other filters.

Archived