Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC1893 in Ha*another 5 hours added*

MikeD

Clear skies last night.:)

This shot is 9 @ 20 min's in Ha.

I did shoot 15 subs but lost two hours to passing cloud and gusting wind.

20 minute subs was not the best Idea given the conditions but this was my first real chance to have a go at an imaging run, guiding with the imaging scope using the off axis guider I got for Xmas.

Taken with my 10" F4.8 newt and Hx916 CCD.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture8320-ngc1893-ha-9xx.jpg

Thanks guys.

Steve I got the TS 9mm OAG it's the only one I can get in the imaging train with my MPCC attached.

The spacing of the MPCC and CCD is now at 56.3mm its the only way I could maintain 360° rotation of the HX916 in relation to the OAG( I have to use a M42 female to M42 male camera adapter because the HX916 m42 thread is a different pitch to the filter wheel.

The camera adaptor is made up of two parts that are locked together with three screws that grab the M42 female ring and that is what allows me rotate the HX916 in relation to the rest of the imaging setup.

I had to machine 3mm off the MPCC thread to get the M42 female to M42 male camera adapter in the imaging train and that had 2mm shaved off it as well.

All this was to allow me to rotate the OAG to find guide stars and still be able to frame the main CCD as I want to, but so far ( three test targets) I have always found a guide star hits the Guide CCD anyway.

Mike.

Great detail especially in the dark patches, I use the TS 9mmOAG and it does a vgood job. Sounds like a lot of work to get it running with MPCC but obviously worth it judging by result.

John.

Thanks again for the feedback.:icon_eek:

Just got around to processing the extra data I shot on Sunday.

Another 5 hours, less wind but the transparency was not so good .

The image is now 24@ 20 min's Ha.

a lot less digital smoothing in this process, 5 hours extra was probably overkill for this shot but once i started the run I just let it go until I went to bed.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture8390-ngc1893-ha-24xx2.jpg

Look forward to colour?

Jordan

No plans for colour, it was just a play at longer subs with the OAG.

any plans for OIII or SII?
I do have a Lumicon OIII filter but it produces bloted stars and big halos (dew sheild was not on right for the test shot, that's why the halos are a strange shape).

Below is a single (raw, screen stretched in maxim) 20 min sub with that OIII filter on this target( test from the same night as the Ha data.

post-13376-13387751941_thumb.jpg

Archived