NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The first piece of the puzzle

peter shah

This is really a quick process job....ive got to lose a few of the red frames as they are suffering with atmospheric refraction look closely in the corners and you can see where the frames arent sitting correctly(i did start them at about 15 degrees) taken on Christmas night (there was nothing on the telly!)

5x600s in red 5x420s in green and 5x530s in blue......the plan is to get three more slices stitch them together and then add some of the old higher-res data of the HH and Orion ect taken with the H16 ......this is the first time in the past week ive been well enough to get out....ive had real flu i mean bad, so bad the missus didnt get anything for Christmas this year!! sad1.gif

Just a taster with a few RGB frames for this one....

its going to be a massive file size when done, this one is already 59meg!!!

oh yeah the mount has no goto at the moment so pointing is all done old school....its a bl**dy pain too!!!

cheers peter

post-17181-133877513058_thumb.jpg

and that's just a quick process :):eek::p

Cheers

Rob

well it took less than an hour......so quick for me

there is still lots to do....i had some bad gradients in the green channel to sort out, im still not sure why....i had to take it this far to see if they were usable....they are O.k. ill probably start work on the other two frames then go back to the start and get deeper, also grab some H-alpha

you know how it is rob you are no stranger to hours of exposure,

trouble with me is im too keen to get on to the next image....

cheers peter

nice one Peter :p not sure whether I could cope without my goto, so well done for getting there the hard way.
No choice its that or nothing...i know what the wife's choice would be....(i got in trouble for going outside on Xmas night then saying im feeling bad :))

Hope you are on the mend Peter. I'm sure Mrs Peter really wants a 12 inch RC for Christmas, BTW...

I like the image a lot. Maybe I'm a bit surprized not to see more blue nebulosity around Alnilam, though the shape of the nebulosity is there. Anyway, take your time on it because it is great to stray a little further from the classics here.

Very best,

Olly

Maybe I'm a bit surprized not to see more blue nebulosity around Alnilam, though the shape of the nebulosity is there.

Very best,

Olly

Funny you say that olly...me too! the blue exposure is only 44mins and ive had to sort out a nasty gradient in the green (on that side) which may have altered the colour balance....when i do the final rendition i will look at it closely :) The problem i have is i dont get long before it hits a big tree so the data tends to get a bit patchy in this part of the sky and it sits down in the rubbish so i have to choose my nights

the plan is to move on to the next two frames then go back to the top and start again and build up the signal.

many thanks for the feed back

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone....ive been out twice thinking it was going to stay clear and just managed two frames one in red and one in blue the rest were scrap. Fingers crossed we get a clear one before the moon gets in the way....im itching to get the next bit done!!

Exceptionally inspiring image Peter. What technique did you use to get the star spikes so nice?
Many thanks.....no tequnique thats just the characteristics of the AG8....it has a CNC machined spider made out of a single block of ally and the way the corrector works it just keeps the spike tight from edge to edge....

Ive finished this shot now take a look at it here :icon_eek: im pretty pleased with it!

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/124598-crossed-finish-line-whoopee.html

cheers peter

Archived