Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC405 in Ha

Tim

Not great, not pretty, but I am just glad to have ANY image at all to be working on. Haven't seen a decent sky in what feels like months, and have had some technical issues with my kit. And check out that donut! :D

Out of desperation I actually took this sequence on a night with a lot of high drifting cloud, really poor transparency, and a bright moon. I'll redo this Ha section on a decent night perhaps.

I started on 15 min subs but upped that to 20. Will probably go longer than that for the proper run, and wait till the nebula is higher in the sky. I'm keen to bring out some detail in those cloud plumes. Heaven alone knows how i'll fair getting the blue reflection data :D

This is 4 hours or so with SXV H9 on MN190, baader 7nm Ha filter.

Nothing done to it apart from stretching it in levels only.

Thanks for looking ;)

Tim

post-14037-133877508059_thumb.jpg

Not great, not pretty...

I'm in trouble because I think it's both of these :D

I see you're using a 7nm filter. Would I be wasting data capturing time if I used a lesser HA level filter (35nm for example)?

Maybe i should do a search because I'd like to know how these are integrated into a stack. :D

I'm in trouble because I think it's both of these :)

I see you're using a 7nm filter. Would I be wasting data capturing time if I used a lesser HA level filter (35nm for example)?

Maybe i should do a search because I'd like to know how these are integrated into a stack. :D

The 35nm filter will yield lots of detail, but perhaps not quite so contrasty, and not as easy if there is some moon about ;)

Cheers

Archived