Saturn - 29-11-06

russ

Finally got to use my Intes 603 in anger again. Been looking forward to this moment greatly and the Intes did not disappoint.

Set the alarm for 4.45am and woke to a misty sky......oh dear, not brill.......certainly not as Metcheck forcast.....yet again!

Once outside though it wasn't as bad as i first thought. Still bit murky, transparency was no more than 4/10. But at least it looked quite steady(ish).

Unfortunately my setup is not up to speed yet. I do not have a planetary eyepiece and do not have a 2x barlow. So had to make do with my 1.6x Antares 2" barlow (more of a deepsky imaging barlow with 44mm clear aperture) for the imaging. Which meant i was running at f16 instead of a more favourable f20.

I'll write up a visual report later for the observing section.

Haven't had a proper chance to process the images yet but picked out this AVI (1250 frames) and (was) pleased with the result. Used K3CCD 3 to capture and Registax 4 to process. Not yet put it through Photoshop.

Specs were:

Intes-Micro M603 6" f10 Maksutov Cassegrain

EQ5, Toucam Pro II SC1.5, Antares 2" 1.6x barlow and Baader UV/IR Block

900 frames stacked

Bad timing on my part, just noticed that Pete has posted a Saturn pic too! :D

thanks Caz. It'll do (in a crappy sort of way) for starters with the Intes, at least until my Orion Shorty Plus arrives.

Must admit, Pete's image just makes me want to drive all my kit down to the tip and give up. :D

Russ

Bad timing on my part, just noticed that Pete has posted a Saturn pic too! :)

:D yes he did that to me with a Jupiter image earlier this year. I can provide a waste disposal service if you're looking for a tip Rus.

Look at it though, Rus, it's a fantastic image with more to come when you get beyond F20.

Cor blimey i missed this one Rus sorry about that , but hey come on , thats a lovely image , good colour , just love it , wish i could get one like that , what ya reckon my chances with the ED100 are , will give it a go sometime , but meanwhile , dont throw that kit away mate , the image is good

Rog

Archived